Thursday, May 10, 2012

Cutie Marks

We watch quite a bit of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic in this house. It's one of the few shows G watches. Paul and I like the show too since it's well done and has stuff in it for grownups too.
All that to say, we were sitting around the breakfast table talking about cutie marks - the little symbol in a pony's rump that is that pony's "special gift".
Paul asked G what she thought her cutie mark would be if she was a pony. She wanted it to be "lots and lots of animals!" and liked it when I suggested maybe it should be a paw print. She's got a big love for animals, that girl.
Next we asked what Daddy should have. She paused.
"Work."
While Paul was trying not to cry out of guilt for going to work every day, she moved on to me. "Mommy doesn't have one."
So, that's that. Depressing. Daddy = work Mommy = boring.

1 comment:

  1. Okay, this gave me a big laugh. Nothing like our children to knife us in the heart! I'd give you a few cutie marks, Jan - a pen for a writer, a telescope for an explorer and a big happy face for a mom.

    ReplyDelete