Saturday, November 26, 2011

First Snow Day of the Season

This week, we got winter. I drove home from my Wednesday bible study with barely a few flakes. When I went to bed around midnight, the ground was pretty much bare.
When I woke up at 7am on Thursday morning, this is what I saw:


Over the course of Thursday, almost 30cm of snow fell. The university was closed, so Paul stayed home for the day.

There is something about snow days that makes me want to make them awesome. There are many regular days when I'm at home the majority of the day, but on a day when the snow is so thick that there's not a chance of going anywhere, I want to do fun indoor things.
So, after making a great snowman out of the super-sticky snow:


 We made salt dough ornaments to go on our Christmas tree (going up this Sunday!).
(Eagle-eyed readers may spot the Mario-inspired ornament) 

Salt-dough ornaments are super fun and easy. They turned out better then I thought. G was very excited about them, even when we told her they were not for eating.

(Please excuse my lack of food-photography skills.) 
I made doughnuts for the first time! They were super tasty.  I recently acquired a candy/deep fry thermometer and it made all the difference to this endeavor.

1 comment: