Thursday, November 25, 2010

Tired

Life with a toddler, it is busy and exhausting. I would apologize for not posting more, but I'm too tired. G is both my joy and my frustration. Her laugh and constant chatter is hilarious, especially the things she says. It's funny to hear your words come out of a two year old's mouth. She likes very much to tell her stuffed animals "We will do [something] in FIVE minutes." or "Sit RIGHT there." Her favourite books (especially Mo Willem's Cat the Cat and Bill Martin Jr's Chicka Chicka Boom Boom) can be quoted verbatim.
But, there are the frustrations too. Toddlers have such strong ups and downs, and sometimes it feels like navigating a minefield. G's mantra these days is "I don't like it" - which she will say about just about anything she doesn't want at the moment, even things she does like. Some days I feel like if she says that one more time, I'll snap. But, I don't, somehow I find the patience to get through it, mostly, I think, because G is actually a really easy kid. She plays by herself well, eats almost anything and sleeps at night. What more could I ask for?

So, Boogaloo is due anytime now. Since we found out the gender, Paul and I have been much more indecisive about the name. We had narrowed it down to two and now it's been broadened again to 4 or 5. Maybe we'll just have to see a face to decide on a name! Every once and awhile we look at each other and go "So... what are we gonna name this kid?"

I am in the "GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT" phase. I would be very happy not to be pregnant anymore. The heartburn, leg cramps, lack of breath and all the other aches and pains are starting to get to me. Paul is frantically trying to make sure all his papers are done before I go into labour, so he's chanting "STAY IN STAY IN STAY IN" We'll see who Boogaloo listens to.

The transit strike continues - 21 days now, which is unbelievable to me. I can't imagine any other city where that would be acceptable. But, really, I don't have anywhere to go (besides the occasional doctors appointments) and Paul walks everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment